About me

Larry Snedden

University of North Florida
1 UNF Drive office 15/3125
Jacksonville, Fl. 32224
(904)-620-1301

Who is Larry Snedden

I am a 43 year old Florida native from West Palm Beach in South Florida. I enlisted in the USMC in 1990 serving as an avionics mechanic on F-18s stationed in El Toro California with VMFAs 121, 314, and 225. After leaving active duty with an honorable discharge I lived in Asheville North Carolina before attending the University of North Florida in 1997. After graduating I worked at UNF and then as an SQL and reporting support rep at CORE Computing in Jacksonville. After leaving there I had an opportunity to serve as a Jacksonville Sheriffs Deputy. Terry Smith my former supervisor at the College of Computing Engineering and Construction contacted me about a position opening in the School of Computing and I took the opportunity.

Presently, I am working as a systems administrator in the School of Computing which affords me the benefit of working with many technologies, earning my masters degree and providing instruction when I have the opportunity. As you can see in my picture, I am enjoying fatherhood and most of my short and long-term goals are centered around my son. I used to participate in mini-triatholons and was an avid runner and cross-fit practicitioner. Age and old injuries have hampered those activities. My favorite hobby is fabrication in the automotive areas of motorcycles and custom cars. I currently own a 73 Camaro and a custom Harley XR750. I built my son two go-carts that he has yet to grow into so we can look forward to father and son racing. I live in Mandarin with my wonderful wife of 7 years. Thanks for stoppinig in.

Some sites I enjoy

My Summer 2013 Schedule
COP4813/COP5819
Internet Programming
ONLINE 4:20~6:00 Thursdays